Okay, I am going to show you an all time easy way to make liver taste great to everybody! Seriously, I have had many a liver-hater try this easy concoction and instantly become a convert. I know not everyone loves liver, and people are always asking how to make it palatable. Look no further, taste and believe. Ultimately, you WANT to be able to stomach liver. It is not only incredible for your health, but it will help you become strong as hell. So if you've been pussyfooting around the concept, it's time to try this out and eat your fucking liver.
TIME: 20 min
500g organic chicken liver
6 strips Mennonite bacon
1 large white onion
3 tbs maple syrup
2 tbs each of olive oil, and balsamic vinegar (optional)
1. Rinse off liver and place in a bowl. Gently massage liver with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and then allow liver to soak in the bowl (optional). This step will help remove some of the unwanted strong flavor of the liver.
2. Chop bacon into pieces and add to a large pan over medium-high heat.
3. Cut onions into slivers and add them to the pan. Cook bacon and onions until the onions begin to golden/brown, or until the bacon is almost cooked. Stir frequently as needed.
4. Remove liver from "pre-soak" and slice into sizable bite-sized pieces. Add liver to the pan and stir. To ensure the liver cooks on all sides, sometimes I push some of the bacon and onions to the outside edges of the pan to allow the liver to cook freely in the middle.
5. After cooking the liver for 2 minutes, drizzle approx 3 tbs of maple syrup over the entire contents of the pan and stir. Cook mixture until liver is evenly cooked on all sides (3-5 minutes), remove from heat, and enjoy!